Discord is a communication app for gamers that lets you easily voice chat, share photos and videos, and join channels with your friends.
While it’s great for gaming, it can also be used for general chatting. If you want to use Discord on a separate monitor or screen while you work on something else, here’s how to make Discord open on a second monitor.
Ways to make Discord open on a second monitor:
Here are a few ways you can make Discord open on your second monitor:
If you’re using Windows, you can simply hold down the Shift key and then click on the Discord icon in your taskbar. This will make Discord open on your second monitor.
If you’re using a Mac, you can go to System Preferences > Displays. Then, under the Arrangement tab, drag the white bar to the left or right so that it’s on your secondary display. Finally, check the box next to “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available.” This will make a new menu appear in your menu bar that will let you select which display to use for Discord.
If you’re using Linux, you can open up a terminal and type in the following command: DISPLAY=:0 discord. This will make Discord open on your second monitor.
Using Android Device:
If you’re using an Android device, you can go to Settings > Display. Then, tap on the “Cast” button and select your Chromecast device. This will make Discord open on your second monitor.
Using IOs Device:
If you’re using an iOS device, you can go to Settings > AirPlay. Then, select your Apple TV or AirPlay-compatible speaker. This will make Discord open on your second monitor.
What Are the Benefits of Having Discord Open on A Second Monitor?
There are several benefits to having Discord open on a second monitor:
- For one, it can help you stay organized by allowing you to keep your chat windows and other tools open while working on other tasks.
- Additionally, it can make it easier to multitask by keeping your conversations and notifications in view while you work. This can be especially helpful if you need to keep track of multiple chats or conversations at once.
- Finally, having Discord open on a separate monitor can also help improve your productivity by allowing you to focus more attention on the task at hand. This is because it eliminates the need to constantly switch back and forth between different applications, which can be distracting and time-consuming.
Is There a Way to Have Discord Open on Two Monitors at The Same Time?
Yes, there is a way to have Discord open on two monitors at the same time. You can do this by opening the Discord app on one monitor and then clicking the “More” menu in the top-right corner of the app window. From there, select the “Open On…” option and then choose the second monitor from the drop-down menu. This will cause Discord to open on both monitors simultaneously.
What Do You Think Is the Best Way to Use Two Monitors with Discord?
There are a few ways to use two monitors with Discord.
- One way is to have one monitor for the chat window and one monitor for the call window.
- Another way is to have one monitor for the chat window and one monitor for your contacts list.
- Finally, you can also have one monitor for the chat window and one monitor for your voice settings.
Do You Have Any Tips or Tricks for Using Discord with Multiple Monitors?
Yes! Here are a few tricks for using Discord with multiple monitors:
- Use the “Window snapping” feature to keep Discord windows in place on your screen. This can be enabled in the Windows settings menu.
- Create separate Discord instances for each monitor. To do this, open Discord, click on the three dots in the top-right corner of the window, and select “New window.”
- Drag and drop chat tabs between windows to move them between monitors.
- Use the Monitor Switcher extension for Google Chrome to quickly move Discord windows between monitors.
- Use hotkeys to move Discord windows between monitors. For example, you can use the “Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right” keyboard shortcut to move a window to the left or right monitor.
To sum it all up, here’s how to make Discord open on a second monitor. First, launch Discord and sign in. Next, right-click the Discord icon in your system tray and select “Open discord window full screen.” Finally, click the green “plus” button next to Resolution & Scaling and select the resolution of your second monitor from the drop-down menu.
With that last step complete, you should now see Discord open on both monitors! If you ever want to go back to just having Discord open on one monitor, simply repeat these steps but uncheck the box next to “Open discord window full screen.”
Is There a Way to Keep Discord Open on One Monitor While Working on Another?
Yes, there is a way to keep Discord open on one monitor while working on another. You can do this by opening the Discord application on your computer and then clicking on “User Settings” > “Appearance”. On the Appearance page, scroll down to the “Advanced” section and check the box next to “Display currently running game as a status message”.
Can I Run Discord in Full-Screen Mode on One Monitor and Have Another Monitor for Other Tasks?
Yes, you can. To do this, open the Discord application on your computer and click on “User Settings” > “Appearance”. On the Appearance page, scroll down to the “Advanced” section and check the box next to “Display currently running game as a status message”. Then, go to your other monitor and full-screen an application. Full-screening an application will cause Discord to display on that monitor.
Is the Opening Discord on The Second Monitor Important?
No doubt, it is not important. Discord can be opened on any monitor that you want it to be.